If the expected exit is as a sub-project, then the parent project's PMC
should be involved in the incubation; this could be as simple as having the
Sponsor be a Member from that project's PMC. The Podling would be expected
to behave just like any other sub-project of the parent TLP.

On the other hand, if the expected exit is as a TLP, then one of the goals
of incubation should be for the Podling to establish the body that would
become the new project's PMC on exit. This would provide the forum for the
Podling's community to establish its policies and procedures under the
supervision of the Incubator PMC. I would suggest the initial membership
comprise the Sponsor, Shepherd and all initial committers, with additional
members being added according to the policies the Podling defines for adding
members to its PMC once it is a TLP.

In other words, the body behaves as the ultimate PMC would but with the
Incubator PMC responsible for the actual legal oversite. This should smooth
the transition on exit.

--
Jeremy