Rodney Waldhoff wrote: ...
Hosting the Axion site under
incubator.apache.org means that Axion will need to set up a different
site generation and publication process than the one it will use once it
is part of the DB project.
> These processes will need to be
replaced/reworked once Axion is promoted.  This creates a significant
amount of unnecessary work for the development team.

Not really, AFAIK. You will have to do extra work to integrate in the DB site, but I don't understand what "significant amount of unnecessary work" you need to do just to publish under the incubator.

Maybe one thing is not clear: you *don't* have to use Forrest to build your site. What we request is *just* the publishing of it under the incubator URL, and using the Incubator logo. If this is too much...

Similarly,
navigation of the Axion site will be different when integrated with the
rest of the Apache DB site.

True, the Incubator version will be a subset of the final one. A very small disruption IMHO.

If one of the functions of incubation is to help a project "settle in"
to its new home, hosting Axion's web site at
http://incubator.apache.org/ is contrary to this goal--it creates work
that will have to be undone once the project has graduated.

I have already explained that this, in turn, creates other problems. Our goal is not only to settle in new projects, but to ensure that projects that should not proceed do *not* settle in right away.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -