On 17.01.2006, at 03:04, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

Erik Abele wrote:

Noel J. Bergman wrote:
FWIW, I would want to see your technical concerns addressed before
graduation, but so far, we have had little if any discussion of
what those tecnical issues really are, or so it seems from the
archives.

Remember that it's about the community not the code... maybe
you should add another bullet to [Incubation_Policy.html] to
record this new criterion as another entry and/or exit requirement

New criteria? I agree with you that it is about community not code, but that is because we believe that a good community fixes its code. So if someone has strong technical objections to something, and the community is not responsive to them, don't you think that represents a problem? For
exit, not for entry.

Oh, of course - but for now there's no community yet so he is complaining into the blue sky :)

I'd certainly like to see a response to the concerns raised by Martin but OTOH I don't think that it should evolve into a discussion about basic architectural principles or even impact the final consideration of incubation.

It's just the initial code, nothing more :)

(OK, OK - don't make me think about the IBM PR mentioning the _multi- million_ dollar investment for developing the derby donation.)

I don't understand why you are talking about code maturity

If you mean me specifically, you might want to re-read the context of what
I wrote.  :-)

Sorry, I think my mail was a bit unclear: I was primarily responding to Martin but I see now why you did mis-interpret my intentions... it's late over here :)

Cheers,
Erik