Nice proposal. Seems like a no-brainer. More Dutchies at apache is
always a good thing ;)

On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 04:54:15PM +0100, Upayavira wrote:
> === Versions ===
>
> Wicket currently has three versions of their code base, 1.2 (the current
> release), 1.3 (planned) and 2.0 (unreleased).
>
> We would like to keep all three versions on the same infrastructure, and
> would thus like to bring all three versions over to Apache.

Doesn't sound like a problem.

> This would involve the need to be able to make releases of 1.2 and 1.3
> during incubation, as they have a current user base to serve that is
> already using the product.
>
> The exact manner of producing these releases would need to be clearly
> understood by the Wicket team before incubation can start.

I'd suggest they read the documentation then :)

   http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases

As far as the incubator is concerned, the neccessity to understand and
follow rules & policies for releases is when a release is made, not
before incubation starts...

--

> === Package Naming ===
>
> Wicket Java code uses the wicket.* package hierarchy. At this point, we
> would propose that code in versions 1.2 and 1.3 would switch to ASF
> servers, but maintain the wicket.* namespace, but code in 2.0 would
> switch to an org.apache.wicket.* namespace.

No issue there.

--

>  * Chris Turner is from the UK and works as an independent consultant.
> He does not intend to move with us to Apache.

What does that mean? Does he not think wicket should move to apache? Does
he not want to sign a CLA? Is there consensus within wicket on this move
or isn't there?

LSD