Jeremy,

[I pulled this out from the vote thread, so that the vote thread is
not cluttered]

Frank Question, Would your vote be the same if you thought Tuscany
would graduate very soon? In other words, what's the incentive for a
project (full of committers from one employer) to push for
diversity/graduation?

-- dims

On 3/15/07, Jeremy Boynes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Mar 15, 2007, at 6:49 PM, Craig McClanahan wrote:
> If we accept this argument, then we naturally need a place where the
> incubating "releases" can be retrieved from; hence, the m2-incubating
> repository.  If we do not accept this argument, then AFAICT we are
> basically making the "incubating projects cannot do releases" policy
> inoperative.

Podlings cannot do Releases because they are not Projects established
by the Board. However, the artifacts produced by them are voted on
and approved by the Incubator PMC and hence are official Releases by
the Incubator Project and hence by the ASF. This is essential if the
artifacts and their authors are to receive any legal protection
though being product of or actions by the Foundation.

As these are official Releases by the Incubator Project then I think
they should go through the normal distribution channels as used by
other TLPs. There are already enough indicators for users that these
are incubating work (distribution location, file name, prominent
disclaimer in content and on website).