Hi Martin,

On May 30, 2007, at 11:07 AM, Martin Sebor wrote:

Craig L Russell wrote:
[...]
So IMHO, best practice for podlings is to hold a [DISCUSS] Joe Bleau for committer on the PPMC private list, followed by a [VOTE] on the PPMC private list, and then a formal [VOTE] on the private incubator PMC list with references to the discussion and vote of the PPMC. [Only the final vote is binding.]

How could a PPMC participate in a vote on the Incubator PMC's private
list?

It cannot, and I don't believe I implied that this would be the case. The idea is that the PPMC, with the help of the Mentors, conducts a discussion and a vote just as they would if they were a TLP PMC. What we're trying to do in the incubator is to give the PPMC the opportunity to act like a PMC and this committer discussion and vote is one of the most important things to learn.

Even if the PPMC's private list were CC'd on the initial vote
there would be no way for the PPMC members to know whether they were
being CC'd on all the relevant discussions and given sufficient
opportunity to address any concerns.

I guess this would be the responsibility of the Mentors to carry any feedback from the incubator PMC vote. During the incubator PMC vote, the Mentors will be active in responding to any concerns of the incubator PMC.

Craig

Martin