On Tuesday 05 June 2007 07:48, Craig L Russell wrote:
> Hi Niclas,
>
> There is one issue that still bothers me about your proposed ways of
> voting. At some point, the nominee has to be asked, and accept, to
> become a committer. This would have to be after the private votes are
> done and before the public vote. So after the nominee accepts, they
> suddenly see a [vote] thread regarding their candidacy on the dev
> list and wonder what *that* is about.
>
> I think a public "welcome to the new committer" would be sufficient
> "feel good" instead of the phony public vote.

I don't know all the communities around ASF, but what I have seen is that
the "acceptance"/"decline" happens after the public vote. Entries to PMCs
seems more like "private vote" -> accept/decline -> "welcome" in the
communities I know of.

Mind you, my own opinion in the matter differs from how things are done, for
instance; IMHO either the vote is public OR private, and if the latter then
don't have the charade on the public list. That would simplify things at
Incubator as well.

  1. [Discuss] on [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  2. [Vote] on [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  3. [Vote] on [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  4. [Accept/Decline] in private mail
  5. [Announce/Welcome] in [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Cheers
Niclas