On 27-Sep-08, at 7:46 PM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:

Jason,

Exactly why in previous discussions i already asked..."Can the maven
folks provide another way to do this?" (not showing disclaimers
necessarily, something that the user has to do one time works too.
Example: apt-get and keys)

We could do anything, but I'm not implementing pop ups. But you can.

On a download event the build could stop and make people read "An ode to the Incubator: How important we are, and how like children you all are". Or we could make them listen to that enduring audio classic: "Did someone in the incubator just make something up that no one has ever heard of before?" That one always makes me laugh (cry). Maybe we can humor the users in the hopes they don't get pissed off with us because we intentionally made things harder then they have to be.

I'll hope that people rely on the same tool that keeps them from sniffing the ends of loaded shotguns, or bathing with toasters. That would be the brain.

-- dims