On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 7:16 PM, Bertrand
Delacretaz<bdelacre...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Upayavira<u...@odoko.co.uk> wrote:
>> On Mon, 2009-07-06 at 10:49 +0200, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>>> ...I don't have a problem with having 5 mentors.
>>
>> I do. Shindig has maybe six mentors, and struggles to get 3 +1 votes on
>> its private list. When there are so many mentors, it seems to me to
>> become unclear where responsibility lies....
>
> Not sure if having six mentors is the cause - I'm seeing other
> podlings where people sign up as mentors and don't do much.

I agree with Bertrand. It is not that 'too many' is the problem but
that each one feels not responsible and/or lazy to bother and/or
forgot that they are Mentor.
I have overstretched myself in the past, but at least as soon as i
realized it I have stepped down and asked for replacement (BlueSky and
Ace).

So, I think that people (myself included) need to learn to be less
eager to sign up for something that they won't have time for. In a way
I can understand that a single Mentor would mean that "I am the bloody
only one who is responsible" and that should put pressure on those who
volunteer, but OTOH being the only Mentor is sometimes (especially in
the first couple of weeks) just 'too much'.

I don't know how to get to the solution, which is "Three Responsible Mentors".

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er