On Jul 13, 2009, at 11:25 PM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

2009/7/14 Noel J. Bergman <n...@devtech.com>:
+1 (binding) on the singular change of dropping Mladen Turk and Nick Kew as Mentors since that makes it 5 mentors, which is problematic (3 seems
to be the max).

Where does that idea come from? Mentors are Incubator PMC members. If more than three (3) want to engage on a project that interests them, why limit it? Any issues that might arise from having more than three (3) would arise
in the world outside of the Incubator, too.

I think it comes from Jim's head ;-) possibly via an observation that
some podlings have a lot of signed up Mentors but few who takes charge
and get the things moving, especially the first couple of months. I
disagree that it is related to 'how many' (more=worse) and is really
an issue of "quality by quantity", in that "quantity" increases the
chances that there are some "quality" in the group. Sometimes I feel
it was easier in the days of a single Mentor, since the
blame^h^h^h^h^h responsibility is obvious, but being the single Mentor
is 'too much work' for me to go back to such arrangement.

+1