Hi,

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 2:11 PM, Ross Gardler<rgard...@apache.org> wrote:
> As I understand it there is sufficient diversity in the people with
> binding votes to provide oversight for the project. That is what we
> are trying to achieve here. I didn't hear this argument against Apache
> Sling which has a less diverse active community than Pivot [3]

Sling explicitly waited until there were active committers from three
independent backgrounds until asking for graduation. Sling also had
scores of people submitting patches. I'm not seeing that in Pivot.

As for focusing solely on commit messages, also the number of patch
contributions in Pivot seems pretty low for a diverse community. As
far as I can tell only one person has been submitting code patches
through the issue tracker.

At the end of the day it's the people who write the code that decide
where a project goes, and by my personal count Pivot doesn't yet have
enough diversity there.

BR,

Jukka Zitting