On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 8:42 PM, Jukka Zitting<jukka.zitt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sling explicitly waited until there were active committers from three
> independent backgrounds until asking for graduation.
>
> At the end of the day it's the people who write the code that decide
> where a project goes,

So, you ARE saying that Day Software decides on Sling... And my
opinion is that Day Software developers are working on the project
because they are told to. I respect Day Software (and its employees)
to a great deal, and have no problem with Sling being dominated by
that company. In Pivot's case, it is NOT a company operation, IIUIC it
used to be but way before it came to the Incubator, and has since lost
the 'sponsorship' of the employer, hence I would claim that it has
already proven itself against company dominance, so it should be seen
as a group of individuals.

Now, we are having 2 dominating individuals with a couple of support
people, who dig up issues (perhaps not as good as sticking them into
JIRA, but that is not a requirement AFAIUI), discuss them on list and
together provide the way forward to a solution... I think we are in a
good position, despite not having a corporate sponsor, and that Pivot
can become one of the sexiest projects at ASF. It isn't the biggest
project out there, which I think is good, after all a central use-case
is over-the-wire deployment, so the 'commit space' is sometimes
crowded.

If Jukka's sentiment will rule, that we (the Mentors) have to request
Greg and Todd to stop being too active, and give the others more time,
space and chance to squeeze in their commits, then I think there is
something inherently wrong with our requirements.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er