Let me point out one more time: Nobody is talking about Aries as a
Felix "incubator" project. We are only talking about the OSGi EE spec
implementations that are part of the proposed Aries scope.

I'd be more then happy to see the rest of the proposal (namely, to
explore how to build an enterprise component model on OSGi and the
other non-spec related topics) become a reality by means of a new
incubator project. Whether that ends-up as a felix sub-project or as a
sub-project or TLP in the end we don't have to discuss right now.

In regard to the other half of the proposal I do think you would be
better off to develop them over at Felix and I'm sure we would be more
then happy to support you and find solutions to any issues you might
have (as we recently did with karaf). Not the end of the world if not
but not what I would prefer nor see as the best solutions for neither
Felix nor Aries.

regards,

Karl

--