Francis De Brabandere <franci...@gmail.com> schrieb am 13.09.2009 20:38:26:

> the keys on the website points to
> http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/empire-db/KEYS
> I suggest it points to a location in the repo where it is kept so we
> don't have to update two copies each time.

I am not sure this is feasible. Locating it in the dist site seems standard
to me, though I do not know whether it is an absolute must. If there is no
compelling reason to move it, please keep the file there, but make sure
your public key is contained in it.

> We should at least update
> the dist/incubator/empire-db/KEYS file when the release is accepted
> (if we keep it)

Francis, you can simply add your key, no matter whether the release is
accepted or not, and preferably before the release is voted on. It is no
problem if there is no release for a key in the KEYS file.

> I added myself a while ago to the keys in our
> repo/trunk/tools/KEYS.txt. Should we move that file to trunk and
> publish it in the dist?

I'm not sure whether I understand you correctly, but the file
repo/trunk/tools/KEYS.txt is fine as KEYS file. Just make sure the file in
the dist directory has the same content.

> further my public key is available here:
> http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=francisdb

Yes, I checked that. But everybody can upload keys to a keyserver and call
themselves Francis De Brabandere, so this is no real protection, just
convenience.

   Thomas

> On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
wrote:
> > I have checked the release and I have found the following issues:
> > - francis' signature is not in the KEYS.txt on the website. (see
below))