On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 8:23 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr.
<wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Greg Stein wrote:
>>
>> Sponsors
>>  * Champion: Greg Stein
>
> Cool
>
>>  * Nominated Mentors: Justin Erenkrantz, Greg Stein, Sander Striker, Daniel
>> Rall
>
> Once again, caution against committers == mentors (== 'project leads').
> It puts certain committers above others, an inequitable situation.

But it has the huge advantage of making sure that the mentors are
actively engaged all the time, know quite a lot about the podling's
situation, and are already well-known and trusted by the project's
community. I would say the very clear benefits far outweigh the
potential problems, and I prefer the model like that.

Most communities have situations where certain people have more power
than others whether officially or in practice, and communities that
can't deal with that have other issues.

In any case, a good way to offset any perceived risk is probably to
have some lively discussion between the mentors and the rest of the
incubator. So, risk mitigated, I say :)

ciao,

Leo