Just tried building the source archive using mvn install.

This reports a lot of warnings from the license:check goal.
Seems unnecessary to include a license check in every build; it should
probably be run as part of the site generation - if it is run
automatically at all.

Also, I got a test error:

Failed tests:

testCustomResolverCacheOn(org.apache.wink.server.internal.providers.entity.JAXBCustomContextResolverCacheTest)

junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected: 20 > 38
        at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:20)
        at
org.apache.wink.server.internal.providers.entity.JAXBCustomContextResolverCacheTest.testCustomResolverCacheOn(JAXBCustomContextResolverCacheTest.java:197)