I think the title of the name change is a little misleading.

We are not Replacing 'Lucene' with 'Apache' .

Apache is a given.

IOW - The proposal is either:

Change "Apache Lucene Connectors Framework" to "Apache Connectors Framework"

or:

Change "Lucene Connectors Framework" to "Connectors Framework"

It should therefore be clear that the only change being proposed here is the
'dropping' of the word 'Lucene' due to the fact that Lucene is no longer its
governing TLP.

Gav...