On Wed, 2010-08-25 at 09:50 -0400, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> So, how does this get resolved? Shall I call a formal vote for the
> IPMC? I rather like the name, but (somewhat) understand the
> objections. That being said, I'm not all that clever at naming, so...

You rather like which name??

My take:

1. come up with a name.
2. check for exixting uses of that name
3. if it passes #2 then get support of your PPMC
4. Propose it to IPMC.
5. Vote on the IPMC about the name.

If you want, you can add #4a: discuss with IPMC whether a vote is really
required for this, in which case you might be able to skip #5, but that
process would probably be slower in the end!

Upayavira