On 8 September 2010 12:16, James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:

> Isn't Isis a different bird though?  It has been around for a long time and
> is likely to actually have existing users

It has some, but not enough to be sustainable.  Hence entry into
the incubator to build both its user and developer communities.

I think that for the foreseeable any new users we attract are likely to be
early adopters, with a better than average chance of getting interested in
contributing.  One of the internal milestones for us ought to be when we get
to the point that we vote it would be beneficial to split off a -user from
-dev... that would be an indicator that we have enough "just users", and are
moving into the early majority stage.

There's another thing here too.. activity on the mailing list (even if its
just the devs exchanging ideas) will give would-be users a sense that
interesting things are happening.  In contrast, a very quiet users list
(which I think it would be) would be a turn-off.

So my vote is just a dev mailnig list for now.