On 8 September 2010 12:19, Robert Matthews <rmatth...@nakedobjects.org>wrote:

> One point against this is that we have had a long-standing user list, ...
>

> ... People are used to
> the user list already.

 We do, but it's going to change anyway when we make the apache mailing list
available.

> If we are going to combine the two then I
> suggest we have a -user list now and let the developers grow out of
> that.

I disagree; I think we should follow the precedents on other projects
(Sling, OWB, MyFaces).

For the moment at least the dev community is more active (or at least more
vocal), so their mailing list should be the main focal point.  As I said in
the other email, when we have more user traffic than dev traffic, then
we can vote to split them out.

And another benefit of putting user traffic on the dev list is that
it'll give the devs exposure to any probs that regular users are having with
actually using the framework (ie so we can mature its documentation etc)

Dan