Hi Steve,

Am 07.06.2011 15:27, schrieb Steve Loughran:
[...]

The issue with corporate reassignments is that everyone just "vanishes". They get reassigned, and go away. In OSS, individuals tend to drift off, go onto what else interests them, or whatever. The turnover/year may be the same, but the way the turnover happens is different.

to make things worse, because the paid FTEs tend to work full time on the projects, they understand the code well, gain committers status through their contributions, and so when they go, a big chunk of the active knowledge goes along with their departure
That are valid concerns. What I like to point out that at this moment I count at least 7 Oracle people who want to contribute as an individual. So I think this is an indication that there is a strong interest in the project itself that is not directly bound
to the salary :-)

Regards,
Christian