On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 4:38 PM, ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 3:14 PM, Karl Pauls <karlpa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Again, I'm not against doing things differently for future release
>> (and the reason this release looks like it does is because that is
>> configured like this in the apache-parent iirc). However, I'm still
>> confused what all of this has to do with the graduation proposal vote
>> and why this has to be on general@.
>>

> I think why its come up here now is because part of judging if a
> poddling is ready to graduate is if they understand how to make and
> review ASF releases properly. And with whats be said here and how the
> source has to be built i'm wondering if anyone who voted +1 for the
> release would have actually tried to build any of the source.

I guess the point is: are you arguing that the release should not
haven been accepted by the incubator in the first place on the grounds
that you find it hard to build and hence, you want to see a new one
before the we can vote on approaching the incubator for a graduation?

If yes, lets have that debate. If no, lets move this to a new thread
on the ace-dev list.

regards,

Karl

>   ...ant