On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 5:56 AM, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> Wow, my thread got away from me. Thanks for tying all that back together
> Bertrand!..

You're welcome - I hope this is aligned with your initial idea!

Considering the various comments in this thread, heres a slightly
simplified proposal to clarify what's expected of the podling's
Champion:

1a. Coordinate the creation and timely delivery of the podling's board reports.

2a. Keep an eye on the mentors' activity and take action (ask for new
mentors, talk to the Incubator PMC) if they don't seem to provide
enough oversight or mentorship to the podling,

And:

3a. The podling can elect a new Champion at any time.

4a. Existing podlings will need to elect a Champion, unless their
current one agrees to take on the above tasks.

5a. The podling reports must indicate who the current Champion is.

If people agree, I'll add those points to
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Roles_and_Responsibilities.html#Champion
and we can then inform all podlings of 1a and 1b, and ask them to
indicate in their next report who will take this role.

The main goal is to have a single person per podling in charge of 1a
and 2a, the other points are here to help reach that goal.

-Bertrand