I don't know about you, but in the podlings I mentor I am subscribed
to most if not all of the mailing lists and try to read the bulk of
it all.  I could easily write status reports for them if it was my
responsibility to do so, and for the initial 6 months would prefer
that mentors showed their podlings and their fellow mentors what can
be done with a properreport before passing that duty along to the PPMC.