Whilst I agree there is value in demonstrating a starting podling what a good
report should look like by doing it for them, I also strongly believe in
learning by doing, so I would still propose that a podling has a go at it
themselves, before having a mentor step in. In the end, this is also a question
of "mentoring style" and I think we should leave that up to the mentors and
podlings.

A mentor should be actively involved in the discussion about the report though,
ensuring that the end result is good.

Greetings, Marcel