You've identified several problems in your last mails -- do you also
have a suggestion on how to move forward?

If asked, my default suggestion would be to go for "what works
elsewhere", namely: reduce the IPMC to nine people, rotating annually,
who are expected to read and review all podling reports --- and act on
them when they indicate a problem with the mentors and/or the podling.