On May 4, 2012, at 9:35 AM, Mohammad Nour El-Din wrote:

> Hi Jukka...
>
>   I also added myself, but as being a Mentor of CloudStack I would rather
> take (shepherdZ: DeltaSpike, Nuvem, Wink) while Dave Fisher takes (shepherdY:
> CloudStack, NPanday, VCL)
>
> Dave would you please ACK that ?

Sorry Mohammad, I had already reviewed Wink and Nuvem. I only have time for two.

Wink:

From activity it looks like this project should have graduated into a TLP a
year ago. It looks like a mature and well developed project. I don't understand
why they think that they should become a subproject of Geronimo or Tuscany.
They are a mature and useful tool. It's time for this bird to fly on its own
wings. They are an example of a small, viable community that contributes to
more than one other community. Podling Namesearch and graduation should be next.

For my $job, I'll likely ask my developers to take a look to see if this is a
useful tool for some us.

Nuvem:

It is really hard to know what this project is trying to do other than be a
common API for Cloud Apps. Very low activity. Apparently no users. A little
pick up in dev activity recently. More information on the podling site might
attract a few more developers. No release. This thread shows that the
developers are aware:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-nuvem-dev/201201.mbox/%3CCANzUfzemiQBzxt%3DgFFM7tMBdyMv-q7H%2BvBB2xR0GxECs5y17KQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E

I suggest the Nuvem PPMC focus on explaining precisely what they are trying to
build.

Regards,
Dave