On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 8:03 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>wrote:

> On May 25, 2012, at 2:46 AM, Arvind Prabhakar wrote:
>
> > On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 11:49 AM, Ralph Goers <
> ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>wrote:
> >

> >> On May 24, 2012, at 10:40 AM, Arvind Prabhakar wrote:
> > The current PPMC consists of:
> >
> > * Andrew Bayer (Cloudera)
> > * Ahmed Radwan (Cloudera)
> > * Arvind Prabhakar(Cloudera)
> > * Bruce Mitchener (Independent)
> > * Derek Deeter (Intuit)
> > * Eric Sammer (Cloudera)
> > * Henry Robinson (Cloudera)
> > * Jonathan Hsieh (Cloudera)
> > * Aaron Kimball (Odiago)
> > * Ralph Goers (Intuit)
> >
> > There is a representation of at least four companies in this list. This,
> > plus the the fact that we have demonstrated our commitment to the
> policies
> > that we set forth, give me the confidence that we are on the right track.
> > Diversity is a priority and will continue to be post graduation.
>
> Are you really going to resort to distortion of the truth to try to claim
> diversity?  I work with Derek and know that he has never participated in
> Flume since its inception. I also can't recall Bruce or Aaron participating
> after the podling started. All of them appear to have just signed the
> initial wiki page to get on the PPMC.

It is unfortunate that you think this way. Bruce and Aaron have played a
foundational role in Flume and they deserve to be seated on the PPMC unless
they explicitly request to be removed. I welcome their contribution anytime
and hope that they chose to remain on the project.

> I'm not sure why you left Tom White and Patrick Hunt off as they are both
> mentors and are PPMC members and both have participated in PMC discussions.

Because I counted them as mentors and not PPMC. I am happy to include them
if they want to be counted as PPMC. Pardon me if I should not have made
this distinction. The one person who was left out inadvertently was Prasad
who recently got elected to PPMC.

> That leaves just me as the only non-Cloudera PPMC member who actively
> participates and I don't commit code and I've been on the PPMC primarily as
> a mentor.  If you somehow believe that this constitutes diversity than my
> job as a mentor has a long way to go.

You were counted because three months ago you announced that you would like
to stay with the project post graduation. I don't remember seeing any
communication from you stating your change of mind. That said, I respect
your choice either way.