On Aug 20, 2012 8:33 PM, "Rob Weir" <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 8:11 PM, Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I would also state that continuing to argue is symptomatic of a
> > failure to understand and integrate with the Foundation's thoughts on
> > the matter. Or to at least politely discuss the situation on
> > legal-discuss.
>
> I would say the lack of understanding could be in both directions, and
> some greater tolerance  would be mutually beneficial.

I *am* being tolerant (you should see my intolerant emails). And what makes
you believe that I don't understand? I get to offer my thoughts, and you do
not get to say that I have a "lack of understanding" simply because you
disagree.

> Remember, OpenOffice is unlike anything else previously at Apache.

Duh. Don't be so patronizing.

Again: I suggest the discussion about making authorized/authenticated
binaries be moved to legal-discuss. Not here. Infrastructure may need to
provide some input, too.

I might also point you to Sam's recommendation to avoid over-posting to a
thread as a way to dominate / get your way. How many emails are you up to
so far?

-g