I'm sorry, I'm playing catch-up and I'm a bit unclear on the argument - Marvin
said:  "If the podling believes that ASF-endorsed binaries are a hard
requirement,
then it seems to me that the ASF is not yet ready for AOO and will not be
until suitable infrastructure and legal institutions to support binary
releases (sterile build machines, artifact signing, etc) have been created
and a policy has been endorsed by the Board." Is AOO not able to determine that
for them a binary is a hard requirement for their releases (along with source
code)? I would think that ASF puts a minimum requirement on what an official
release is, not a limit.  Why is there a requirement for special
infrustructure? (perhaps that is due to the size of AOO?) Speaking just from
the Lucene.Net persective, I would consider our binaries (and nuget packages)
as official - even if ASF does not specifically allow for "official releases or
officially endourced binaries" - what else would they be? They were built and
put up by the same guys releasing the source code.
  I apologize if I misunderstand or mischaracterized anything ~P > Date: Mon,
20 Aug 2012 22:33:43 -0400