Thanks, Suresh. Hello Eric, Ross, and IPMC members.

We --ASF Marketing & Publicity-- are happy to work with any (P)PMC on a
project's publicity once the project has graduated from the Incubator.

We can issue a press release to announce the graduation --similar to [1], [2],
and [3]. Once you're a TLP, we can also help announce major project milestones
in a press release [4] or media alert [5] and [6], as well as advise on
technical fact sheets [7] or "The ASF Asks: Have You Met Apache [Projectname]?"
-type of "birth announcements" [8] that provide further technical details.

All official ASF announcements are published on an international news wire
service, and also posted on the ASF Foundation Blog and @TheASF Twitter feed.

Whilst projects are prohibited from issuing any formal announcements (over a
newswire) whilst undergoing incubation, we strongly encourage your contributors
to blog about the project, as well as publish updates on mailing lists, speak
at conferences, hold meetups/barcamps/user groups, and engage the community in
other ways to build interest.

You are more than welcome to request blogging credentials from the ASF
Infrastructure team to post to https://blogs.apache.org/ --I recommend you
consider asking that they establish a project-specific sub-directory (such as
http://blogs.apache.org/OOo/ ) so you have a dedicated space for your project.

I also recommend you establish your own Twitter feed for the project and use
the @TheASF, #Apache, and #OpenSource tags (among others) where appropriate
--lots of folks follow these and help spread the word.

As for mailing lists, we have lots of technical journalists follow the
annou...@apache.org list as well as the public Incubator archives (at times I
receive media queries about projects I wasn't even aware were submitted for
incubation!)

And I strongly suggest that we lean on friends, employers, users, and partners
to help spread the word. There's a company that issues a press announcement
(mostly blogs) with every single release made in the project that their
products heavily rely on, with formal press releases issued as "attaboys" to
reinforce the ASF news. That project gains lots of visibility through someone
else's resources. Similar instances exist with outreach events, such as
workshops, trainings, and BoFs at conferences.

I *always* push for testimonials, use cases, and highly-visible
implementations, both in our press releases [9], [10] as well as project
Websites [11] --as you can imagine, not only does this give members of the
press/analyst community the answer to "who uses you?", it also proves to other
possible users that the project is viable, credible, and reliable.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ping me or the team at pr...@apache.org if you
need anything!

-Sally

[1]