Hello Dennis,

Good point! The project naming was a challenge for us and maybe I just can
explain why we prefer Apache OData as project name. The main reason is
search.

Someone who is interested in OData will use this term and the result page
will today list odata.org as the protocols homepage, Wikipedia which is
fine and the OASIS TC. In future we would like to see that Apache OData is
highly ranked and completes the search result list.

If we use a different name someone has to know this name and has to search
for it explicitly. We would like to keep it simple and avoid confusion.

We had also a look into the ASF project naming guidelines and I think most
of the points there are considered by the name Apache OData.

Regards,
Stephan