On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 7:45 AM, Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org> wrote:
> Can you also once recap the timelines you are expecting the podlings
> reports, shepherd reviews, and draft summary, and submission to board?

I believe our schedule is pretty much mandated at this point by the date of
the Board meeting and the due dates that Marvin set in the reminders that went
out a couple days ago.

    Wed July 10 -- Podling reports due by end of day
    Wed July 10 -- Summary due by end of day
    Fri July 12 -- Shepherd reviews due by 21:00 PDT
    Fri July 12 -- Report submitted no sooner than 21:00 PDT
    Wed July 17 -- Board meeting

The Board generally requests that reports be provided a week in advance of the
meeting, but makes an exception for the Incubator because of the coordination
issues.  It's important that we file it before the weekend, though, so that
Board members have ample opportunity to review and log pre-approvals.

Honestly, I don't see why we don't ask for podling reports a week sooner than
we do, aside from the hassle of recoding Marvin.

In the future I expect to work on automating and delegating, but this month it
will be all manual and I'll be satisfied so long as everything goes smoothly
and we produce a high-quality report.

Marvin Humphrey