On Jul 17, 2013, at 4:29 PM, Marvin Humphrey wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 10:49 PM, Ross Gardler
> <rgard...@opendirective.com> wrote:
>> Ross Gardler       DeviceMap
>>
>> Project is in good shape and operating well. Ramping up for a release.
>> Active mentor engagement where needed.
>>
>> Ross Gardler       Marmotta
>>
>> Looks good. Releases made, Committers brought in. Mentors appear to be
>> watching. Recommend mentors consider graduation sooner rather than later.
>>
>> Ross Gardler       Ripple
>>
>> Progressing well. Legal issues to address before a relase can be made. Good
>> mentor involvement
>
> Thanks, Ross!  Glad to hear that they're all doing well.
>
> We missed a few shepherding opportunities this month:
>
>        Celix
>        Falcon
>        MetaModel
>        MRQL
>        Provisionr
>        Spark
>        Tashi
>        VXQuery
>
> However, of the podlings in that list, most had reports with Mentors signing
> off.  There are only two which received no IPMC review at all:
>
>    Tashi -- didn't report
>    VXQuery -- reported but has no Mentor sign off or shepherd notes

I was their shepherd three months ago. I remained subscribed to the dev list
and it feels more active in the last three months, but only slightly.

> Tashi's situation doesn't seem to be changing much month-by-month.  I'm more
> concerned about VXQuery, which included this comment in their report:
>
>    Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
>    aware of?
>
>      It would be great to have more active mentors.

I think mentoring is needed, but it is more likely that there is not really a
community.

We have three choices.

- Continue as now.
- Mentor reboot.
- Retirement.

This is not the first time VXQuery's status has been discussed.

Regards,
Dave