How about simply changing the rules for Incubator releases so that
they don't require at least three binding votes, but instead make it
at least three votes only one of which must be binding. That would
mean there would still be the element of oversight that a mentor vote
gives but avoids all the problems with not having three mentors. I'm
sure the board would grant the Incubator authority to implement that
change.

   ...ant