I have one (hopefully) simple question for those more familiar with the
ASF\s bylaws/etc.

As I understand it, the board has delegated responsibility for the
incubator, and thus incubator podlings, to the Incubator PMC and its
members. Thus, it is only members of the Incubator PMC that have the
ability to vote. This much is straight-forward.

So, the question is, what options does the Incubator PMC have in terms
of further delegating responsibility? Can the Incubator PMC delegate
(some) responsibility to people who are not themselves incubator PMC
members? To do so, does the Incubator PMC need to inform the board of
the change of composition of 'sub-committees'?

My thought is that if we can clarify what is legally possible, we will
be better placed to find the appropriate model for the incubator that
fits within those legal/bylaw bounds.

Upayavira