Upayavira wrote:
> I have one (hopefully) simple question for those more familiar with the
> ASF\s bylaws/etc.
>
> As I understand it, the board has delegated responsibility for the
> incubator, and thus incubator podlings, to the Incubator PMC and its
> members. Thus, it is only members of the Incubator PMC that have the
> ability to vote. This much is straight-forward.
>
> So, the question is, what options does the Incubator PMC have in terms
> of further delegating responsibility? Can the Incubator PMC delegate
> (some) responsibility to people who are not themselves incubator PMC
> members? To do so, does the Incubator PMC need to inform the board of
> the change of composition of 'sub-committees'?
>
> My thought is that if we can clarify what is legally possible, we will
> be better placed to find the appropriate model for the incubator that
> fits within those legal/bylaw bounds.

I was wondering the same. This seems to enable such:
"RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Incubator PMC be and hereby
is tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
encourage open development and increased participation in the
Apache Incubator Project."
http://incubator.apache.org/official/resolution.html

-David