Hello general@incubator,

Infra has requested that we perform some cleanup of our distribution area.
Earlier this week, both Allura and VXQuery experienced difficulties with
synchronization between their dist.apache.org release directories and the
main mirror at <http://www.apache.org/dist/>.  This is happening because the
`incubator` dist directory is a hodgepodge of old-style and new-style
distribution.

To see what needs to be fixed, log into people.apache.org and examine the
output of `ls -l /dist/incubator/`.  Here's an excerpt:

    drwxrwxr-x   3 svnwc          svnwc        10 Nov 16 18:02 allura
    drwxrwsr-x  10 omalley        incubator    12 Oct 21 16:53 ambari
    drwxrwsr-x   4 simonetripodi  incubator     5 Jul 29  2012 amber
    drwxrwxr-x   4 svnwc          svnwc         5 Nov 16 18:04 blur

Any directory which has the group `incubator` needs to be transitioned, which
involves copying the `$PODLING` directory and everything in it to
`https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/$PODLING`.  (The
`ambari` and `amber` directories would need to be copied, but the `allura` and
`blur` directories would not).  Once everything is transitioned, Infra will
flip the switch and everybody in the Incubator will use new-style
`dist.apache.org` distribution henceforth.

For the sake of simplicity, it would be better if we could get a single
volunteer to take on this task.  Since every Incubator committer has rights to
all of `https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/`, you don't have
to be an IPMC member.

Any takers?

Marvin Humphrey