On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 2:09 PM, David Crossley <cross...@apache.org> wrote:

> One thing that would help is to also clear the clutter.
>
> Clutch has been alerting to old releases hanging around.
> http://incubator.apache.org/clutch.html#other
> There are many in that list with the entry:
> "Has graduated, but still has remains on Incubator distribution mirrors."

Perhaps we should start by sending out requests to all such TLPs?  Probably
such requests would get the most attention if they come from the IPMC Chair.
Something like this?

    Greetings, $TLP developers,

    Infra has asked the Incubator to clean up our distribution area.  Despite
    having graduated, your project still has release artifacts there.  Can you
    please move them to your own area or remove them, as you deem appropriate?

    The directory which needs to be emptied out is on people.apache.org, at
    `/dist/$PODLING`.

    Marvin Humphrey
    Incubator PMC Chair

Then, if they don't take care of things in a week or two, we move ahead with
migrating the artifacts to dist.apache.org, rather than let ourselves be
blocked.

Marvin Humphrey