On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 11:46 AM, Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org> wrote:

> Thanks for taking care of it Marvin. I was planning to volunteer but do not
> have good internet until Friday. If anything is left over by Friday (11/22),
> I can volunteer to finish it up then.

Thanks for the offer Suresh.  This is the kind of thing that is best done
by a single person getting in a groove, though, so I've just powered through
and finished.  The following directories have been copied into
dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator:

    ambari
    amber
    chukwa
    deltaspike
    droids
    hcatalog
    imperius
    isis
    jspwiki
    kafka
    kato
    net
    mesos
    npanday
    odftoolkit
    olio
    photark
    s4
    stonehenge
    tashi

The only wrinkle was that Kafka had an svn checkout of their docs in there for
the 0.7.0 release.  I committed the docs but stripped the .svn dirs.

If I've done everything right, it should be possible for Infra to flip the
switch and use new-style dist.apache.org synchronization at the incubator/
level.

It would be nice if we continue on with the cleanup.  Should we remove the
directories for podlings which have retired?

And then there's the matter of dealing with TLPs who still need to link to
incubating releases.  Jake and I were talking on IRC about giving them a
deadline to move needed releases to their own dist area, after which we svn
remove their dirs.  Two weeks notice seems enough to me, WDYT?

Marvin Humphrey