On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 6:15 AM, Jake Farrell <jfarr...@apache.org> wrote:
> The artifacts that have been left behind by the TLP's should be moved to
> archive.apache.org/dist as dist should only contain the most recent
> releases to not overload the mirrors. I agree that we should send out an
> email to pmcs@ and give a window for moving the releases over to the
> correct location.

This is getting too complicated.  The problem of our own dist area requiring
complicated configuration is separate from the problem of graduating TLPs
leaving a mess behind in the Incubator, and also separate from the problem of
TLPs having too many artifacts on the mirrors.  Infra has asked us to solve a
specific problem, and I want to be responsive to Infra's request.

Since no one has volunteered, I'm just going to take care of the dist dir
situation myself.  There won't be any additional space requirements imposed on
the mirrors, though I don't know whether there might be a pointless one-time
sync cost caused by file datestamp changes.

After that, we can nudge the graduated TLPs to come back and pick up after
themselves.

Marvin Humphrey