> On Dec 22, 2014, at 8:42 AM, Roman Shaposhnik <r...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>    1. get rid of IPMC altogether and move to the pTLP model

This is effectively an IPMC reboot.  I don’t really see anything substantially
different.

>    2. make this a poddling issue: if a poddling fails to hunt down ALL
>        the mentors for a sign-off -- reject its report

This tactic has no teeth.  If the mentors are MIA do you think that they would
care if a report were rejected?

>    3. patch the current process with starting to drop the mentors from
>        the project who don't sign off. This will essentially serve
>        as a heartbeat for mentors (now, in my opinion it'll quickly
>       deteriorate into mindless tick-offs -- but at least it does not harm).

How is it that a mentor became an IPMC member and do such an unethical thing
such as a mindless tick-off?

Regards,
Alan