From: shaposh...@gmail.com [mailto:shaposh...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Roman
Shaposhnik
Sent: Thursday, January 8, 2015 8:09 AM
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: proposal: mentor re-boot

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 7:05 AM, Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 08.01.2015 15:32, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>> The two mentor minimum is critical. I was going to make it three but
>> reasoned that if two were active, they could do the job.
>
> Why? I've not yet seen a single argument that would explain why you
> need at least two active mentors. One active mentor at any given time
> is sufficient for all current requirements.

A very, very strong +1 to that. In fact, I'd say anything that adds to the
complexity and bureaucracy of mentorship requirements -- is a 'no go' in my
opinion.

That's one reason I'm so strongly in favor of pTLP. They piggyback off of the
process we already have adding very little bureaucracy and tracking overhead.

Thanks,
Roman.