On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 5:41 PM, Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org> wrote:
>> An addition of the overseeing committee, will shield the board from
>>
> *some* of the day-to-day business of telling the pTLP that something
>>
> needs to be fixed.
>
> Is this pretty close to IPMC in another name?

No it isn't. First of all, the overseeing committee is NOT specific
to incubation projects it can (and should!) be applied to all the
project that board review reports for. Second of all, the comittee
is a much more realistic extension of the board in that it, upfront,
declares total absence of 'collective' responsibility. You don't
approach the committee with the expectaions that it has
collective responsibility to find volunteers that 'help projects'.
The committee members have no other business but telling
PMC of the pTLP (and hopefully TLPs at some point) that
something is broken. That's it. This is very different from the
charter that the IPMC has.

> Who gets to be on the new overseeing committee? Not current IPMC membership
> right?

Correct.

> So is that a revocation of privilege in some respects?

I don't think so. In a way, it is a promotion. All the *active* members
(AKA mentors) get promoted to PMCs of pTLPs. A few IPMC members
get promoted to the membership on the committee.

Thanks,
Roman.