On Tue, Aug 4, 2015, at 12:23 PM, Ross Gardler wrote:
> It's hard to get the balance right between appropriate oversight and
> unwanted meddling.

No argument there. I'm unconvinced that a restructuring of the
IPMC/PPMC/Mentorship structure as it is today will solve that, though it
might push it around a little.

I do think negotiating/communicating with mentors is a skill that helps
folks deal with building community and running a project - which is
often new to folks coming to the Incubator. So if there's "unwanted
meddling" I hope that folks are able to push back a little bit and
resolve that without having to throw out (a potentially) reasonable
structure just to get around it.

Best,

jzb
--