On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 2:25 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 1:57 AM, Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
> wrote:
> > ...you can call yourself open source software all you want,
> > but unless you get an exception from Fedora Packaging Committee
> > you are not open enough for the distribution to consider your work...
>
> But that's doesn't make your project invalid or useless.

Right.

I don't know where you're coming from Roman, but the Foundation doesn't
require our projects to be built via "bootsrappable [sic] from source using
*only* open source software binaries as the input". Never has, never will.
So to Jan's original question: totally fine, no issues with compiler
dependencies for certain platforms.

Our software is defined by ALv2 and the "Category" licenses for
dependencies.

We are Open Source by the OSI definition, and any reasonable person's
definition. If Fedora believes otherwise, then they better pony up a reason
why. I can't believe they think ASF software is not Open Source, so I don't
know where you're going with that.

-g