On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 12:25 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bdelacre...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 1:57 AM, Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org> wrote:
>> ...you can call yourself open source software all you want,
>> but unless you get an exception from Fedora Packaging Committee
>> you are not open enough for the distribution to consider your work...
>
> But that's doesn't make your project invalid or useless.

Let me put it this way: it makes it *less* useful. Take being
part of a Linux distro -- if your project can't be delivered via
that channel it is by definition reaches less people, hence
it is less useful.

But to Greg's point -- this is a tangent to this discussion of ASF
policies. I was putting forward a principle that, in general, increases
the downstream consumption of the projects coming from the
foundation. It is a good principle, but in no way it is part of the policy.

Thanks,
Roman.