The social pressure is likely to be there, but I would definitely stand up
for the expectation that you *should* vote -1 if you really do have a
concern.

That said, there is also a strong push back against ending the discussion
too early precisely because of the possibility somebody with an important
point of view is out of pocket. There is normally a week or possibly more
between beginning of discussion and beginning of vote. This typically
includes several days of silence as we wait for last minute thoughts to
come up.

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 8:26 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org