Marvin Humphrey wrote on 11/11/15 12:42 AM:
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 9:32 PM, Nick Kew <n...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>> The ASF project called OpenMiracl and Certivox/MIRACL continuing to use the
>>> MIRACL mark would seem to muddy the water between the two. Would this not
>>> disadvantage others building something based on OpenMiracl?

Merely adding "Open" to "Miracl" does not really make them separate
brands, so if they both existed as the same kind of functionality, it
would be a clear problem.

>> Isn't it the same distinction as Mesos vs Mesosphere?
>
> Or, sadly, CouchBase and CouchDB.  Not contesting the name Mesosphere
> was a mistake, just as not contesting CouchBase was a mistake. I hope
> we do not keep making the same mistake.

Indeed, you should not draw conclusions or future actions from
individual past branding questions like those two, nor from how some
Subversion projects by third parties are branded - some of those cases
cited in this thread are... not optimal.

- Shane