As I understand it, LICENSE is for licenses. Period. If advertising is
required, the NOTICE file is used.

If there are third party works included in a distribution that use the same
Apache 2.0 license as any Apache components, the license file already contains
the appropriate license.

Section 4 of the Apache 2.0 license discusses whether notice is required. All
Apache distributions contain NOTICEs that call out Apache components. Does the
third party distribution contain NOTICE requirements? Then the Apache
distribution that includes the third party needs to contain the notice about
the third party in its NOTICE.

Craig

> On Mar 7, 2016, at 12:06 PM, Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com> wrote:
>

> On 3/7/16, 11:21 AM, "Steve Varnau" <steve.var...@esgyn.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> I’m compiling information for LICENSE file for a binary distribution.  We
>> (Trafodion) have a bundled dependency that is Apache-2.0 license, but not
>> part of ASF.  Do we need to call these out in the license file, or only
>> call out the things that are non-Apache-2.0?
>

> Sebb says yes in [1], but IMO, it isn't wrong either way.  Make sure you
> consider the NOTICE file though.  Hopefully Marvin will nail this down one
> way or the other in the next revision of the how-to.
>
> HTH,
> -Alex
>
> [1] http://s.apache.org/qDa

Craig L Russell